- Gain an understanding of how individuals are diagnosed with BPD and the impact of the symptoms and experiences associated with this diagnosis
- Reflect on the range of feelings, attitudes and responses that can arise when supporting people given this diagnosis and the practical implications
- Hear about the support and information that people with a BPD diagnosis have said they find helpful and discuss how to offer this support in practice
- Increase your knowledge and confidence about best practice for supporting people with a BPD diagnosis, including harm minimisation and person-centred practice
- Better understand the relationship between a BPD diagnosis and the use of self-injury
In-house training can be tailored to the needs of your organisation and is delivered throughout the U.K. and Ireland. If you have a group who would benefit from this training and would like us to come to you phone 0117 927 9600 or email.
This one day course gives a better understanding of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) through hearing about the everyday experiences of people with a ‘borderline personality’ diagnosis. It enables you to identify practical areas of support in line with current best practice and experience-led research.The course will consist of a mixture of factual presentation, small and large group work and personal reflection. A group agreement will be drawn up at the beginning of the course and comprehensive hand-outs will be provided.
Best practice information has been developed with reference to commonly used guidance such as NICE and SCIE information and guidelines.