For women in the UK affected by self-harm.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7pm – 9.30pm
Text us on 07800 472908, or for Webchat click on the box on this page or email TESS.
If you don’t know how to start talking, just text or email “hello”.
We reply to all messages. Our aim is to text back within half an hour and to email within 24 hours during our opening times. Sometimes when we are very busy messages do wait for longer and occasionally we have to reply to emails or texts the following day. You will receive an auto message from us letting you know if we are experiencing a high number of texts and emails.
- Who is TESS
- Confidentiality and TESS
- Using TESS for support – Questions you may have
- How to complain about TESS
- Read Self Injury Support’s confidentiality policy.
- What support can I have from TESS
- How does TESS work
Please use our online feedback form to tell us about your experience of using TESS. If you would like to make a complaint about TESS please go to our complaints page for details about what to do. These are the channels we use for receiving feedback on our services.
Could you volunteer with TESS?
- What is self injury
- Why do I self-harm?
- Am I a freak if I hurt myself?
- I’m confused – self-harm helps me
- Distractions from self-harm
- I want to stop hurting myself
- From self-harm to self-nurture
- How is TESS different from other types of support?
- Getting support for myself
- Telling someone else that I self-harm
- Having counselling
Dealing with suicide
- What is mental health?
- Dealing with thoughts
- Dealing with feelings
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Ways of relaxing
- Does someone you care about self injure
- Ideas for coping with anger
- Ideas for coping with flashbacks
- About sexual abuse
- About emotional abuse
- Self-help ideas including Rainbow Journal
- Self-harm spectrum