How we help with self-injury
Self injury Support (formerly Bristol Crisis Service for Women) is a national organisation that supports girls and women affected by self-injury or self-harm.
We have carried out extensive research with women who self-injure, and through our work we have developed a deep understanding of the reasons individuals harm themselves and of the things they may find helpful or supportive.
We also have wide experience of the concerns and needs of workers in different settings and disciplines, and in developing good working practice.
What we do
- run TESS text and email support for girls and young women
- offer a Women’s Self-injury Helpline
- provide information and publications about self-injury
- deliver talks and self-injury training courses for professionals
- support self-injury self-help groups